Thursday 22 December 2011

Face down in a world of tired

I can't remember ever feeling this tired.  The last few weeks have been nothing short of full-on and I swear I could sleep for a month solid.

One of my cats had to go to the vet with an emergency on Tuesday so despite today being my first day of annual leave and my train ticket to  visit family for Christmas dated tomorrow afternoon, at this moment in time I'm not sure I'm going to make it.  He seems to be feeling better in himself but has to have a lot of eye care and has a follow-up vet appointment on Xmas eve.  When I go away G-Star always comes to stay at my flat and looks the kitty cats, but I think asking him to take one of them to the vet and to also try and get eye drops into a wiggle monster twice a day is probably a bit much to ask.  I will find out tonight when he comes round to pick up keys.

With the flooding the flat has had, the days without elec and the fact I haven't been in to get anything done, today is 'cleaning day'.  I've a heap of laundry to do (first load in now), a bowl of washing up, my bedroom to tidy (there are clothes everywhere), the bathroom to give a once over, and the whole flat to hoover and mop.  G-Star is set to come between 6-7pm tonight so the aim is to have everything done by then so I can bribe him with a Domino's pizza and start getting my Christmas head on.

Dear Santa,

This Year I'd love it if you could help me out with:

  • A holiday somewhere sunny
  • A gorgeous, smart, honest, funny, successful man
  • A weight loss miracle
  • The perfect job
Bit of an adventurous list, I'm not sure I'll be very lucky.  Especially as I'm not sure I made the nice list

2 comments:

  1. Hope you had a great xmas and look forward to readng your posts in 2012 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Oli, I hope you had a good one too. x

    ReplyDelete

Twitter Bird Gadget