Friday 6 May 2011

Temptress

Women are so totally irrational sometimes.  For those of you who have read my blog before you will know about Pooch and Waves (a couple I know).  Pooch and I work together although he is full-time and I met Waves through him when she came along to my Halloween party.  We hang out on occasion and while I see Pooch more and we grab the odd pint after work, Waves is always invited along to every interaction.

You see Pooch has a thing for me and I am well aware of it, so it seems is Waves.  A while ago they came to blows over it and since I have made every effort not to see Pooch unless Waves is in tow.  The other day one of my cats was really sick and I had to head to the emergency vet, due to two screwed shoulders and a broken thumb I needed some muscle to help me carry the cat box and as Pooch and Waves live close they were my first point of call.  Apparently this has spiked another 'wave' of jealousy.

Its mental!  I mean while Pooch may have something for me which Waves has probably picked up on its pretty clear that there is nothing going on from my end.  I never invite him along to anything without her.  My type of guy is punky with piercings and tattoo's (and while the guys I date long term never fit into this they are usually gym buffs), Pooch is a geeky, un-trendy guy with a non-descript haircut and glasses.  He is a really nice guy but even in a moment of weakness I wouldn't be tempted.

Not knowing this I invited Pooch and Waves over for dinner with a few others this Sat to keep my mind of things and it all came out.  You see apparently despite being upset over Mr X leaving, running from any guy who gets too close, not being attracted to Pooch at all, being in the middle of exams and inviting Waves as his plus one to all occasions, Waves thinks I am such a temptress of seduction that Pooch and I will end up breaking her heart and in a relationship.

Yes bloggers, we women are certainly overprotective of our men.

-------------------------------------------
Pun intended on today's tune:
Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Bird Gadget