Tuesday 9 August 2011

Where are their parents?

London's Burning
Croydon 11hrs ago

I never set out for this to be a statement blog where I discuss current events but what is happening in the UK at the moment can't really be avoided.

Looting, the streets of our cities on fire, the police being made to look useless, people losing their homes and their livelihoods and the culprets... 90% pre pubescent teenagers.  The world has gone seriously wrong.

I'm not for beating children but I can't help but think a few sharp swift kicks up the backside might have prevented this from happening.  Who are the parents?  I'm thinking alcoholics, uneducated drug abusers??  

If I found out my child was in the street causing havoc they would be grounded and I would be seeking out manual labour to keep them occupied.

If I was the government I would reassess and then make the move to cancel the school summer holidays UK wide.  I know this would cost a lot and would to a certain extent punish those kids not involved but surely a massive statement needs to be made.  We are on day 3 now, the riots have spread to Merseyside, Birmingham and Liverpool and we are £9M in damages to date.  

Bring back National service I say.  No more scroungers, let the benefits go to those who need them and the sodding layabouts creaming money from the rest of Britain get sent out to do a decent days work. 


---------------------
Edwin Starr - War
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zgs3BOP0Lus

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Bird Gadget