Friday 7 September 2012

Risque

Ok so I have a friend (Lets call him Turner) who recently qualified as a photographer.  Initially he had wanted to focus on architecture, but due to a few art/fashion shoots, he has since decided to expand his portfolio and take an advanced course with that focus.  Anyway, cutting to the chase Turner asked me last night if I would consider becoming one of his subjects for the three month course.  To be specific, the shoots would all revolve around fine art.


I am really tempted, I love fine art photography and have quite a few pieces similar to what I believe he is looking to aim for on show in my apartment.  His plan is to have me work with another girl and a guy who he has photographed many times and to use our bodies in contrast to each other a mixture of gritty, erotic, beautiful and innocent.  The catch however is that these pieces will be for him to use at his discretion, will go on his website with selected prints for sale, and he already has a potential sponsor for a gallery showing should his pieces turn out as well as hoped.  


Don't get me wrong, I absolutely trust anything Turner would take to turn out fantastic and am comfortable in my own skin, but it is still quite a venture to consider.  Just to keep you in the loop, I've known Turner for over 5years, have seen most of his work to date, he is gay, has a long term partner who works in TV/fashion and this most definitely is high end art and not glamour in any way shape or form.  I can't lie, I am shocked and yet flattered to be asked... but I'm not sure I am brave enough to do it.  It would mean 5 or 6 people seeing my body exceptionally intimately up close, and then who knows how many others after that.

The two other models he has in mind are much more photogenic - a girl he has worked with many times, so lean and perfect I'm sure even her internal organs would look good in a kodak moment, and a guy who has exceptionally defined features and bone structure to die for (I also know the guy a little as we met in a bar a year or so ago - he asked me on a date and after initially agreeing I pulled a permanent rain check.  A few months later he appeared in one of Turner's photos and when I queried how he knew him,  It turned out he is a regular model for Turner's boyfriend). 

I'm tempted to agree with the proviso that any of the artwork I am in excludes my face.  I can't imagine this will be a problem as I've yet to see a piece of fine art photography I like that clearly defines a face, it seems to be more about lines and the curves of a body rather than the person that owns it.

What do you think bloggers?  Would you do it?

--------------------
Avril Lavigne - Runaway

2 comments:

  1. I think you are right about the priviso and yeah it isnt going to be an easy thing to do but ust think you can look back at those pics when you are older and go "wow I was hot"
    Also I totally agree you should get some extra photos to be posted on here for us to rate ;)

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNFZab640WU

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the tune Oli!
    Photos for people to rate... lool

    ReplyDelete

Twitter Bird Gadget