Tuesday 4 September 2012

Yawn - Stretch - Cuddle

I headed to the cinema on Sunday with someone I used to manage at work.  We had an unusual relationship as I knew him before I got promoted and we used to be extremely sneaky - working our asses off the first week of the month and then slacking off more and more as the month went on.  Always under the radar, always working as little as possible.  It was an interesting notion a few months later that I would have to manage him but one that made for a few giggles along the way.  Anyway long story short the whole thing worked well as we walked the line of 'boss vs employee' and a few months ago he left the company as he managed to land himself a job working in stocks/shares for a major bank (happy days).  

We stay in touch on and off, mainly to discuss movies we have seen (we both like a decent horror/thriller) with the occasional drop in of 'how are you doing, any drama in your love life'.  So when something caught my eye in the cinema a few weeks ago I dropped him a text to see if he fancied it - Its hard to find someone who actually enjoys being scared.  Anyway it didn't pan out, mainly because of my schedule, but this week 'the possession' was released so we decided to go and see if it was worth the hype - it isn't.

You know when you get the feeling that you have agreed to do something completely platonic, but the person you are meeting all of a sudden ups the ante on the double entendre text messages and starts factoring in waaaaay more kisses?  It was one of those.


Despite a few worries about awkward situations, I managed to leave the evening without having to fend off any surprise lunges, but it took some serious dedication.  There was the odd arm brush here, the presence of his leg against mine on too many occasions for it to be chance and the odd overly intense look as we chatted beforehand.  I was like a superhero, fending off  his potential advances with witty comebacks and sarcasm while repositioning my body in subtle ways to avoid any kind of hand/leg grabbing in the darkness of the room.  The Yawn - Stretch - Cuddle move was  definitely off the agenda. You'd have been impressed bloggers!

Anyway as you can tell I am still single and ready to mingle and despite a few keen parties, have yet met anyone to take me into the land of coupledom again.  You will be pleased to know however that I am out on the prowl (yes the prowl) this coming Friday as I am feeling a little frisky of late and have decided I need a minor distraction to put a smile on my face and keep me in the waiting game a little longer.  I'll keep you posted.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Bird Gadget