Saturday 18 February 2012

Changing The Pieces

In the last six weeks I've had no less than three attached men 'test the water' in terms of leaving their girlfriends to be with me.  

I'm not sure why this seems to be the type of guy I'm attracting at the moment as I definitely don't flirt with attached men.  I wouldn't so much as a kiss a man in a relationship, let alone plan dating one, so why all of a sudden do I seem to be attracting them?

I used to think that people were intrinsically good and happened upon a few poor choices along the way.  I also used to think that while as a species we are probably not built for monogamy, for the most part we aspire to it and do all in our power to make things work with that one special person that sets  the world on fire.  These days I'm not so sure.  It seems I know a lot of men who appeared to be salt of the earth, loving boyfriends and have now shown  if I gave them the green light (possibly even amber in one case) that they would break someone else's heart as easily as opening an envelope.

So where are all the decent men hiding?  The guys who you can be friends with without the worry that one day they will try to push the boundary.  The men who when talking about their girlfriends tell you the good things, the little things that mean no matter what they are going to stick by that person for the rest of their life.  I know they are out there.

I like to think when I'm in a relationship and I've made that decision to let someone into my life, that I know deep down they would rather hurt me and tell me they had to move on than betray me and cheat.  I would hate to think I was with someone who was just biding their time while all the ducks were lined up to do a runner to someone else.  

I think I need to have a really hard think about what it is I'm doing that is giving off the impression that I'm that type of girl so I can nip it in the bud well before I meet Mr knock me off my feet.

I know you are out there.

------------------------------
The Pretty Reckless - You

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Bird Gadget