Monday 13 February 2012

Statistics About Turning 30 (the big 3-Ohhhh no!)

Life is one big heap of crazy at the moment and there was me thinking 30 would mean dull days and middle aged wrinkles.  I'm still struggling with time so blogs may stay sporadic this next few weeks however as I haven't blogged since hitting the scary 3-Ohhhhh no!  I figured today was the day and what better subject to blog about than 'statistics about turning 30'
  • The average person has had 7.5 jobs and will have had 2.4 more by the age of 35.  I absolutely blow this statistic out of the water.  I've been working since I was 14 at least 16hrs a week and so accompany that with my Mary Poppins (move where the wind blows me) gene and I could probably triple the figure.  Average in this department... I am clearly not.
  • You are 26% less likely to make a New Year's resolution in your 30s, but if you do... you are 25% more likely to stick to it.  I'll get back to you on this one.
  • One 1/33 men and 1/25 woman are virgins at the age of 30.  Yowzer, is it just me or are you also shocked at how high that figure is?  Needless to say I am not in the minority with this one.
  • 81% or women and 71% or men have been married by the age of 30 (and the divorce rate of people married under the age of 30 twice as high as those married after).  I am seriously in the minority here, I didn't think that many people had been married by 30, I thought maybe 60-70% but wow... Fingers crossed I reap the benefit of never having to face a messy divorce as a plus side of being late on the commitment train.
  • The most common way to die at age 30 is by accident.  This one made me smile.  I might be on the cusp of middle aged and I might be  in the minority by being single but there is a statistic that somehow shows that hitting 30 doesn't automatically mean you have to start acting sensible.   I remember hearing years ago that a reasonable percentage of tourists become injured or die by being hit on the head because they sat under a coconut tree.  To this day I still think this is a fantastic way to go.

7 comments:

  1. Ive had 5 jobs, two at the same company so yay below average!

    I didnt write one down this yeah but I do have a new years resolution.

    Not a virgin ;) (Although I was a late starter)

    Not been married but need to start thinking about it soon O_O

    And I dont wanna die! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha all good to know Oli and married soon huh... Would there be place for reading my blog in married life? Hmmm I'm not sure :P

    Happy Valentines blogger x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe dunno about that! The idea of getting married and settling down still grates a bit tbh. :)
      Yeah Ill keep reading your blogs.. why? What are you thinking of posting? 8)

      Delete
  3. Serendipity; just catching up.

    Hope everything is on the mend with mother, sad times, but your a strong lady so i expect you to pull through! hope she is ok!

    i am bang on average... jobs-wise i'm on the money.

    tho no marriage/divorce.

    as for virginity i like to think i'm keeping my head above water...

    Death; well i sadly lost a good friend last week (30 years & 1 month old)...

    Jack Jones

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you are the man statistics were made for JJ :)
    Sorry to hear about your friend. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Removed your comment so your email isn't floating around in a world of spam mail :) x

    ReplyDelete

Twitter Bird Gadget