Friday 18 May 2012

Car Calamity

So goodbye weekend and hello spending the next three days covered in oil, dirt, grease and freezing my ass off in the rain and cold.

My car is seriously playing up!

It couldn't have come at a worst time.  In less than a month I need to be out of this flat and into another place (that I've yet to find) where I may have to pay more rent than I can realistically afford at the moment.  Without a car a move out of the 'perfect postcode' is going to be a total nightmare not just for moving but for making my world function after the move also.  How am I going to get to/from work?  

Ok people, answers on a postcard... what do I do?  Do I spend money to fix the car that I will need to move, and get to work if I end up out of town (which is highly probable), but risk not having enough pennies in the bank for a deposit/advanced rent as of course I won't get my deposit back from this flat until after I need to pay the other.  Do I risk taking it to a garage with no idea what is wrong with it despite my best efforts in the knowledge that if it is an expensive job  A) I won't be able to afford it or B) It won't be worth doing as it will cost almost as much as the price of the car.  I think at this juncture my hopes for option C) It will be as small and easily rectifiable problem that will cost me the price of a night out.

Should I risk playing mechanic and spend a little on replacing a few more parts in the hope I stumble upon the problem?

The phrase 'it doesn't rain but it pours' seems so apt for my life at the moment it is unreal.  No flat, No post-university jobs (where are all the sodding jobs??), No overtime at work (serious budgeting issues), No new place to live, No working car, No savings (Uni took care of that), No light at the end of the tunnel and absolutely No fall-back plan.  I am in serious need of a knight in shining armour!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Bird Gadget