Tuesday 8 May 2012

Happiness Is All Around You

Do you think its really possible to stumble upon that one unexpected perfect truth in life?  

To walk the same streets every day for always and to suddenly bump into someone who in one short second sends your world in a totally different direction.  To make a snap decision that starts a roller-coaster of experiences somehow thrown together to change your world forever.  I truly hope so.

Sometimes its like you forget that life is right now, happening all around you, and its the moments in the here and now that make up the bigger picture, not the other way around.  Yet somehow we all seem to be so focussed on where we want to be and how to get there that we forget to open our eyes to the world around us.  

That's why I like heading to the beach where I spent my teenage years.  There are two places in the entire world that open me up inside.  One of them a place in a city I once lived, a place I found myself sitting for an entire day and night just trying to make sense of a world that had seemed to crumble at my feet and the second is that beach.  I think a thousand wrongs could be put right in a few hours on that beach.  To just stop and take in the moment, the fresh air, the sun on my face, the practically white sand and the sound of the ocean telling you that life is a privilege and nature could wipe you out in a breath.

----------
Goo Goo Dolls - Better Days

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Bird Gadget