Saturday 25 June 2011

Come Dine With Me

So I'm all set for tonight.  The living/dining room has been rearranged, the champagne (*ahem cava) and wine is chilling and I have finally decided what I am going to cook.  I'm looking forward to it now.

On the flip side of things I've had this feeling of dread since getting up, its definitely not dinner party related, but I can't quite put my finger on it all the same.  Its that gnarly feeling you get in the pit of your stomach when your mouth dries up and you feel the need to side quietly in the corner and take deep breaths.

I wish I knew why it was there or how to make it go away.  There is something sinister about a bad feeling that appears from nowhere for no particular reason, it puts you on edge and I'm sure the feeling alone is enough to modify my actions into causing a day of doom.

Right well I am going to keep it short and sweet today as I have a heap to do, however I shall leave you with a wicked tune to start your weekend and a sneaky peek at my menu :)


CANAPES
Champagne cocktails
Selection of cured meats & Olives

APPETISER
Bruschetta topped with white bean puree and fresh pesto salsa.

MAIN
Chargrilled chicken and Portobello Mushrooms
On a bed of creamy risotto
 With Baby Spinach

DESSERT
A duo of desserts
Chocolate Pot & Lemon Trio
With a shot of chocolate orange liqueur

CHEESE BOARD
A selection of cheese and crackers
 With fresh fruit
(Wensleydale & Cranberry, Edam, Cheddar and Brie)

COFFEE
Fresh ground coffee served with home-made chocolate mint truffles

-------------------------------
Santana Ft. Rob Thomas - Smooth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Bird Gadget