Friday 3 June 2011

Summertime

Well the crazy times are over and it is officially summer.  I had to sell my Download Festival ticket yesterday for 101 reasons I won't bore you with, but needless to say I now need a plan for some summertime fun. 



Oh to be rich and able to jump on my luxuary liner and cruise the ocean sipping cocktails from the deck and gaining an all over bronzed look, that would be bliss!  No bloggers, I need to get more creative in my solution to the summertime blues.  Perhaps I will look into some kind of house swap scenario, I mean it worked for Cameron Diaz and Kate Winslet in the Holiday and they both ended up with foxy men to boot.  Yes, I think I will dedicate some time to looking into this over the next few days.

Today is my first day of doing absolutely nothing.  I don't have to go to work, I don't have to do any study, essay writing or sit any exams or tests.  I have nobody but myself to please and take care of and it is a gorrrrrrrrrgeous sunny day (not that I am planning on leaving my flat in the next 24hrs).  I slept like a tot last night, the first night in my new flat all alone and I woke up this morning to the smell of my gorgeous roses and the sun streaming in the windows on my face - bliss.

I'm meeting Red for the first time in a long time on Saturday (For those of you who haven't read my previous blog, Red is a former colleague, is a blonde bombshell and goes nowhere without wearing red lipstick/lip gloss - very vogue) so I'm really looking forward to catching up.  Then on Sunday I have work and in the evening I am going to grab dinner and hang out with a few friends. 

I can safely say I am really going to enjoy the next 72hrs.  I am also certain that an entire day in my own company with no commitments with probably result in some half hatched plan on changing my life in some way shape or form being blogged on here tomorrow.  Stay tuned.

------------------------------
Summertime Blues (cover) - Guitar Wolf

5 comments:

  1. It's a shame you had to sell your Download ticket. The line up was looking good. I have a friend in a band on the bill, I'm so jealous whenever he's playing at these festivals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. What is your friends band called? Are you going? x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hii,

    I've only just seen that you replied to my comment on here, better late than never. My friend is in Young Guns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You like?!

    Winter Kiss is a good one x

    ReplyDelete

Twitter Bird Gadget