Sunday 3 July 2011

Eyes Wide Open

I've had a bit of a reality check this last few days, I mean what exactly am I doing with my life at the moment?  

Its like everything is on a stand still and I'm running round in circles rather than setting out to grab all the things that I know I want.  I seem to be lost in a haze and while I seem to set those I meet along the way on the right track, I somehow forget to help myself.

Time for a list of things to do I think.  And a deadline.  Every good list of things to do needs a deadline.  Ok, time to focus and think... By the end of August where do I want to be and what do I want to have completed?


  • Update my CV and start to apply for 'real world' jobs again (at least 3).
  • Have a certain outcome of what is happening with University.
  • Have a holiday booked & paid for (I definitely need one this year).
  • Do another clear out and throw away at least 2 bags of things I no longer use/need (less is definitely more).
  • Don't just think about dating but actually go on a date, with someone I haven't yet met (no easy options).
  • Lose 10kg through diet and exercise (no arguments).
  • Go on a road-trip (do all or at least half the driving).

I could probably list 101 things or make the
 few I have listed more dramatic, but the aim is to actually complete the list rather than to shelf it after a couple of the days like everybody does with most 'to do' lists.

Now would be the time for me to realise I know someone with some serious connections that could help land me the perfect job in a new city as it would kick start me in the right direction.  Yep, time for a change bloggers, and if you see me losing my way over the next couple of weeks, post a comment to get me back on track.

Today's track, and indeed the first tune for July is by a band I discovered this morning as they were mentioned to me in a comment by a reader.  I'm sure you know I'm a chick who loves her music by now and from what I've seen today, these guys are definitely one to watch.  In fact, I bought tickets to one of their gigs a few mins ago.
------------------------------------
Young Guns - Crystal Clear

2 comments:

Twitter Bird Gadget