Thursday 22 September 2011

50%

So out of the four guys I've had e-conversations with since joining the site, two have now asked me out on a date so Monday and Wednesday next week are date days.  Monday is a coffee and Wednesday is drinks at a bar.  That's a 50/50 conversion bloggers and in anyone's book, that ain't bad.

I have to say I've got mixed feelings about them.  Both guys are actually pretty nice and I don't have any of the worries that I imagine are sometimes associated with online dating surrounding security etc.

Monday - Coffee
Date one is with a guy who I crossed paths with years ago before I started dating Mr X who messaged me on the site to say hi and I recognised.  I'm pretty good with faces and so despite the fleeting way in which we met had remembered him and what he was working as at the time, he on the other hand only realised who I was once I jerked his memory.  Anyway he is a year younger than me, has a secure job he has been working his way up in for a few years now.  Seems to be pretty close with his family and is living at home to save for a mortgage at the moment (which as 'ooooooo living with his folks' is seems to be a bit of a theme in the city I live in as to get on the property ladder you need all the help you can get to save).  
Looks wise he fits into the tall, dark category as his family are Greek so he has a hint of that look about him.

Wednesday - Drinks
Date two is with someone completely new.  In the messages we have exchanged he is pretty witty if a little candid, however any concerns I had about him being illusive were subsided when he suggested we hook up on facebook (makes sense as you get a feel for someone, get to make sure they are who they say they are if they have a full profile, lots of friends and photos from a few years ago and are easily deleted).  Anyway he is exactly the picture he painted and we seem to have a lot in common.  He also peeked through my photos and noticed we actually stayed in the same hotel in Gran Canaria a few years ago which made me chuckle a little.  He must have liked what he saw anyway as after we swapped facebook he suggested we meet up and so drinks it is.
Looks wise he is a little more my type than Monday's date.  He isn't as tall but still clears 6ft, has dark hair and green eyes but has that whole laid back funky look nailed.  He wears the kind of clothing I love on guys and is into the whole chunky accessory thing.

Other than the two dates lined up I've spoken to a few people and to be honest I'm pleasantly surprised at how many normal people seem to be on the site.  Don't get me wrong there are plenty just looking for a hook up but I don't have that down as what I am looking for so other than the occasional punt of an email the site seems to be working perfectly for me.

I think I've had around 50 people say they are interested and around 30-35 have emailed me to start a conversation.  I've probably replied to 10-15 once and maybe 6-7 a few times.  Its a fantastic way of weaning out the people that you aren't attracted to or bore you with minimal effort.  Don't get me wrong, I'm sure I will hit a snag somewhere along the road as right now it all seems... well, a little too easy if I'm honest.

Maybe I should invest in a little black book ;)


---------------------------------
Mr Big - To Be With You
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aH8xU4kn9k0

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Bird Gadget