Friday 2 September 2011

Do you want to come back for coffee? (LIVE)

11:30  As I type I am currently sat at a table in the corner of a funky little coffee shop a few mins walk from my flat.  I plan on being here for a few hours and so will update the blog as the day goes on.

I've ordered an iced coffee so I can sit back, relax and casually sip my beverage as any potential 'hotties' enter without braving gone cold warm milk.   I didn't put a crazy amount of thought into my outfit, however I'd be lying if I said there wasn't some consideration into my somewhat sheer off the shoulder jumper accompanied by denim skirt and of course, converse trainers.  I had debated that the look be a bit too young, but in reality, this is what I like to wear and so I figured what the hell.  I am also sporting my reading glasses which I have to admit do make me look a little saucy.

12:30  Lunchtime rush seems to be upon us so I'll report back in a while...
------------------------
13:23  I've had a few smiles across the room so far, I think this is mainly due to the eye catching cover of the book I have chosen to read.  Not only is it eye catching, but the cunning title is definitely one that draws attention and to top it off... a really interesting read.
--------------------
13:47  It appears that my sex-driven people book was used in a photo shoot with Robert Pattinson in vanity fair a year or so ago, how do I know this?  Because a rather foxy looking woman called Katie at a nearby seat just asked me if the book was any good and told me so.  Apparently Katie has also ear marked this coffee house as a good pick-up place and I now have it on good authority that if you are willing to play the waiting game the possibility of receiving a napkin with a few digits written on is indeed viable.
----------------------------------------
18:27  Well it was an interesting coffee shop day, a few random people spoke to me but all in all I think I caught up on my reading rather than snagging a hot guy/girl for my amusement. 

2 comments:

  1. Awww sorry you lucked out but very good choice of book, next time add a "how to pull guys" book to the pile ;)

    Odd there was another girl there trying the same lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun way to waste an afternoon. Very chilled, and maybe you'll see more of Katie...

    ReplyDelete

Twitter Bird Gadget