Wednesday 21 September 2011

You've Got Mail

Ok so in the last few days I've been forced to take time off work (yes again) due to my shoulder which has allowed for a heap of time to think over things, make plans and well... try to keep the boredom at bay.  Mum was here the last week helping to do things around the house I've been struggling to do with limited movement and so I've not been able to report back but she left yesterday so here you go.

Work
I've revamped my CV and have decided to start actively looking for something new this coming week.  I'm thinking a change in location would be a great thing and this time around, a change in country again.  
As for the current job, well following yet another change in drugs as my shoulder is a sodding mess (6 different types of pills now??!!), another x-ray and ultrasound yesterday, a pending MI scan and a meeting with a consultant somewhere in the next six weeks to discuss an operation my boss is popping over tomorrow for a chat.

Friends
I've not spent a great amount of time with friends this last few weeks as doing anything is a total nightmare at the moment but this Saturday Red is coming over for dinner and deliberation of our new joint venture (coming up), Wonka is popping over for a coffee and a catchup on Friday,  I'm planning on heading down to stay with Herb and Barron for the England/Scotland Rugby match at the end of the month and a few other people are going to pop over and say hi next week also.

Love Life
And here is the one you will love bloggers.  Four days ago having spoken to Mr X's sister (we talk all the time but its great as we never talk about Mr X and never share what we talk about with him either), lets call her... Cilla. 

Well Cilla has been putting the pressure on the last month or so for me to start dating again and add that to several conversations with Wonka and Red who seem to be jumping from one ass to another over and over again (Red getting involved with guys who are married or in relationships and Wonka swooning intensely over any guy to show her some interest) I finally decided that yes, it is time to jump back on the dating wagon.  No dipping my toe in but to just throw on my size 4 wellington boots and wade in.

Mum and I rented a car one day she was here and long story short the guy who came to pick us up and organised our rental (a gorgeous 28yr old 6ft3 law graduate about to head back to Uni for his final year - a conversion to become a solicitor) asked a few completely unrelated questions and has since text to ask if I want to meet for a drink.  He is away for the next 2 weeks on a placement but we have arranged to meet when he is back.

I have also (along with Red and soon to be Wonka) have placed myself on a free online dating site.  I joined 4 days ago and set quite strict criteria so the weirdo's and nut jobs can't get in contact, and have made myself a promise to avoid any possibility of me talking to guys with no intention of meeting.  I have spoken to maybe 4 guys on the site a few times over the last few days and have a date next week lined up already. 

So as you can see bloggers, while I have been away from the land of blogging a lot has gone down in the last week and I think the blog (and my life) may be in for a rollercoaster ride over the next few weeks :D


-----------------------------
I am loving this song at the moment!
Sonny J - Can't Stop Moving
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8Y8XpFtLbk

3 comments:

Twitter Bird Gadget