Thursday 8 September 2011

Starter for 10

As I need to be thrifty the next few months if I am going to save enough to get away somewhere in November it got me thinking about where I spend my money at the moment.  Don't get me wrong, I don't have heaps of debt and maxed out credit cards; in fact I have one and the balance is currently £23.71 but I never manage to create that little pot of savings gold like so many people I know, obviously trying to juggle paying for Uni, my flat and everything else with only a part-time job (however well paid it may be) but if I am going to get away I need to at least work on a small stack.

So... To help me in this I decided I would look at the last 10 items I bought that weren't essentials and cost over £10 and see where that took me.  To my shame it is taking me a while to recall what I spent my hard earned £££ on so it is clear that I definitely need to reign in my spending.

Here is the list so far for your reading pleasure:

One
As you can see, this is clearly not an essential, but it is soooo pretty.  I went through a phase a few years ago of spending quite a lot on lingerie, it always makes you look better, it makes you feel sexy and I've never dated a guy/girl who didn't approve of my vice. 





Two
I stumbled upon a band a few months ago called Boyce Avenue and since have ripped their albums which I have been listening to quite a lot and a couple of weeks ago I bought tickets to a gig they are playing later this year.  You know me, I love music so while this isn't essential, it is a feel-good purchase.



Three
Pirates of the Caribbean xbox game.  The sole reason for this purchase was to keep me sane when I was forced to take some time off work.  What I could do  to entertain myself was limited due to the crazy ass effects of the pain killers, but this bad-boy game definitely helped to subdue the boredom.  





Four
I decided I need a change of hair so I've had a little squinty fringe cut in and have bought various hair dyes to transform me to a vibrant read head.  I'd be lying if I said the photo I've put here isn't almost the exact hairstyle I have decided to replicate.  Maybe 7years ago now I had this hair so this is blast from the past hair transformation money.



Five... Already struggling to think of things (oh dear)
A takeout.  I definitely spent at least £10 in takeout food when I was off work.  My shoulder was super sore so cooking was out, my repertoire in the house was an on-toast selection or noodles which wore thin very quickly and definitely required pizza delivery.  Mmmmm peperoni and pineapple :)

-------------------------
Boyce Avenue - Every Breath

5 comments:

Twitter Bird Gadget