Wednesday 7 September 2011

Swamped

Do you ever get that feeling that you have somehow, out of nowhere have stepped into a very deep puddle and are having to tread water to survive?

The last two days so many things have cropped up that are causing me a set of mini nightmares.

  • I've two hearings to conduct at work that require a considerable amount of time to prepare and can't wait so I need to take work home tonight.
  • As OH have decided I shouldn't be in work I am on a deadline to clear anything and everything of any importance this week as next week the official report will come through and from talks with my boss I think I am going to be sent home for anything up to 8weeks (until after I go to my appointment with the orthopedic surgeon)
  • Two days ago I received a letter from a company that preludes a debt collectors for an amount totalling £27.31 for council tax for my old flat (both Walliams and I were students the entire time we lived there), which is taking forever and a day to sort out.  Don't get me wrong, I could call and pay the amount straight away, but why the hell should either of us pay something we aren't liable for.  The most irritating part is that neither of us had heard anything from the council tax office to suggest there was an issue prior to receiving this very strongly worded letter from a third party company.  In fact, quite to the contrary we both have letters on headed paper from the council exempting us from council tax until May 2013!
  • Things with Uni are all over the place and I seem to be fighting the system and to be honest I'm not sure I can be bothered.
  • My flat also looks like a bomb site.  As someone who is usually somewhat OCD about cleanliness, with my shoulder things have had to take a back seat in recent months and my flat has officially hit a peak of despair   Would it be wrong to call in a professional cleaning service for a couple of hours next week to get the place tip top again?
I feel like Dory in finding Nemo... just keep moving, just keep moving!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Bird Gadget