Friday 22 April 2011

Office Romance

It seems I have developed a little bit of a crush on one of my colleagues at work.  What shall we call him... Hanson (because he has shoulder length hair). 

I'm not really into guys with long hair, in fact if you gave me a questionnaire I would probably circle it as one of the things that turns me off the most, but Hanson has what I would call 'girl long hair' as in, shiny, in great condition, straight and he doesn't look like a mosher.  Hanson is around my age, is a keen snowboarder, and makes me laugh lots.

Its been suggested for a while now that we would be 'cute together' but despite being attractive he isnt' really my 'type' of guy and I'm not sure I'm his 'type' of girl either as the last person he dated that I know of was a while ago and she is a rather sour faced stick insect of a girl, older than me, who seems to think she is a cut above and gets stressed a lot at work.  Don't get me wrong, I actually get on with her, but we are chalk and cheese.

Anyway I've never really thought anything of it but we have spoken quite a lot these last few months and have built up a bit of a cheeky and slightly flirtatious (but you couldn't read anything into it) rapport.  I don't think anything will come of it in the slightest but hey, its always good to have some kind of distraction from time to time.

My mission of friendship yesterday worked well.  It seems my breakup and subsequent year of fluctuation with Mr X has made me exceptionally adept at the ins and outs of relationships and while both you and I know I am an emotional plane crash, to the outside world it appears I see things from a different angle, am pretty switched on when it comes to men and yes, I am indeed a good friend. 

----------------------------------------------
Beyonce - If I Were A Boy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWpsOqh8q0M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Bird Gadget