Saturday 23 April 2011

Sparkle

I remember when the biggest battle of my week would be trying to convince My parents to let me play outside 'just 10mins longer', when I trusted everyone and when I thought it didn't matter how many times you fell down, someone would always be there to help you get back up.  I remember when I thought 29 was old.

The problem with growing up is that for some of us, sometimes, we get a glimpse of the magic we used to see when we were little.  In a movie, in a song, in a photo And sometimes in a moment that takes your breath away.  And there lies the the never ending quandary.  Once you know it is there, just out of reach, but there all the same there, nothing else is good enough.

I love those little bits of magic, those moments where you see everything in a new light and feel like you could take on the whole world and win.  I live for the moments where I'm lucky enouGh to have my tummy flip upside down and it doesn't matter what I do I can't get enough air. 

I live for the moments in life that are few and far between, can't be found can only be stumbled upon, make your entire world spin and make everything else fade into the background.  I miss those moments.  I feel like I haven't seen the magic for a while now, but I will wait because I know when I least expect it a firework will appear.

So until then, until I see the glimmer of a sparkle I will do what I have to, I will be the best I Can be and I will embrace the mistakes.

-------------------------------
James Morrison - Once When I Was Little

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Bird Gadget