Tuesday 19 April 2011

Tests & Negotiations

Be scared my blogger friends, I decided a few weeks ago that I was getting too long in the tooth not to have a driving licence and so in true Ser3ndipity style I decided to do it but in the most haphazard way possible.

I booked my theory test to take place 5 days after I decided to sit it.  I spent hmmm 2hrs in total revising 10mins on the highway code part and the rest on hazard perception videos, none of which I was able to pass.  Anyway I decided yesterday morning passing the actual exam would never happen but talked myself into going anyway as I'd paid £31 for the privilege. 

The centre was full of people and all I could think was 'when I fail will they tell me out loud so everyone can hear'.  Anyway I sat my test in a room full of other people sat at PCs and at one point the word 'fucker' slipped from my mouth as I nearly missed the break lights of a car in front on one of the videos.  I have to say I thought the video's in the actual test were much easier!  That's right, I passed :)

I also made the last min executive decision last night that as Walliams moves out this flat on the 21st May and I don't really want to run the risk of living with a random person on mental health medication again, that I would contact the landlord and position me moving into Mr X one bed flat across the hall when he moves out.  The rent on the flat is rather expensive, its a large one bedroom flat, we live right next to the park on the right side of town but I needed to get the rent down. 

When Mr X and I moved into this flat initially the rent was on for £750, I managed to get it down to £625 which is crazy cheap for the size and style of the flat (I mean I live in a tenement and have an upstairs and an en suite!), I also managed to get the flat part-furnished.  I am gooooood at negotiation.  Anyway the landlord knows this so he said he would call me back.  I knew he was psyching himself up.  He started at £500 with a £500 deposit, I started at £400 with a £400 deposit.  The end result?  He finished on £400 with a transferable deposit from my current flat of £312.50.  I think that is called a little game called 'I Win'

Yes.  A good day all round.

Oh and yes, Mr X and I both apologised, had a hug and we are back on track.

----------------------
The Flying Lizards - Money

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Bird Gadget