Sunday 16 October 2011

Single Persons Plateau?

Awesome however does not mean 'damn I wish I was dating her'.  I'm beginning to wonder if I am the female equivalent of those guys who always end up as the 'friend'.

Don't get me wrong bloggers, I don't have any male friends that I would rather be more to and as you and I both know I am one fussy chick when it comes to the types of guys I am attracted to and want to get to know but still... The thought is starting to cross my mind.  I know so many guys, many attached, some single who I overhear calling me 'great', 'awesome', 'cute' etc. but where are the hot single guys that should be banging down my door?

156 men on the dating site apparently want to 'meet me' and maybe 60-70 of those have emailed me but sheesh I'm not attracted to hmmm 153 of them, that leaves me with 3.  

Number 1 is Fizzy and we all know how that ended.  Number 2 was date number 2... this weekend (I lemon lawed him - 6ft 2 with a funky hairstyle I think not!  He was 5ft 10 at a push and had short and balding hairline).  This then leaves me with number 3, the one and only guy (date #1) who I am actually pretty keen on as he seems to fit that 'funky' bubble I hunt for, but alas for some reason despite texting, taking my facebook and staying in touch a heap he pretty much failed to ask me to meet and there is only so long before you have to realise you are hitting a stale mate.  In hind sight Red has suggested to me he may not have been as single as he intimated... I'm not sure.  Either way, I've deleted his number.

The thing is, I'm a happy single person.  I had some baggage to deal with and file away courtesy of Mr X, but all in all, being single works for me.  I don't mind if I'm single for another 2 years, but to not be able to find someone I even like, whether they are unavailable or uninterested... That's concerning. 

Surely I'm too young to have hit the 'anyone single is single for a reason' plateau?

-------------------------
Read All About It - Professor Green Ft. Emelie Sand

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Bird Gadget