Tuesday 4 October 2011

Call Me... No, Don't!

Unable to 'rest' anymore I spoke with my boss on Thursday and she agreed to let me go back to work this week so yesterday I took a deep breath and headed back.  It was great, I missed being busy.  My team were super glad I was back and were full of beans and banter so the shift passed quickly and I am looking forward to work again today.

I had a full and frank conversation with OOJ towards the end of last week, cards on table and told him I was actively dating people again, not that we were dating or anything but I think there was still an air of 'perhaps' in the background.  Anyway he was cool about it and said he was going to ask a girl in his office out for drinks but since he has been calling/texting quite a bit and no... I haven't been replying so much.

On the dating front Red and Wonka seem to be at a bit of a stale mate.  Red has got her sights on the guy we have decided to call Colgate as he has a great smile but as he is offshore they still won't be able to meet for a few weeks, no-one else is really making a huge appearance.  Wonka on the other hand is still playing the numbers game but backed out of the only date she had organised this Saturday saying she was 'too tired', I think it was nerves.  My male friend who also joined the site I'm going to call G-star due to his choice in jeans, still hasn't found anyone of interest.  We headed to the cinema on Sunday and hung out for a few hours, I got the feeling he maybe thought it was a date at the start but I think I subtly made the point it hadn't been by the time it was over.

I did however get pretty drunk on Sunday as G-star and I met a mutual friend in the pub and one cheeky glass of wine rapidly turned into a bottle and me hiccuping my way home at 2:30 having given my number (yes I only remembered this during a flashback on Monday afternoon), given my number to one of the open mic singers... OMG!! He wasn't even cute from what I can remember.  If I could turn back time that may indeed be the moment I pick.  In my local bar too, I couldn't even pick a random person in a random bar I never have to visit again.

Anyway the peach of the whole situ is that after a couple of glasses of vino I got all decisive and text date #1 with 'Hey Handsome are we still meeting this week or are you not feeling it' and to my shock horror he replied, we had a bit of banter to which I called him as 'easy to read as a brick' and something miraculous has since happened...  Dater number one is seriously on board for the meet this week, he was in touch quite a bit yesterday with things to brighten my day and a couple of sweet pictures so apparently slightly insane and uber decisive Ser3ndipity was all that was needed.  I think maybe it was nerves, although he is saying he had a cold.

Right well I am sure that is enough for you bloggeroonies today, you can't say when I decide to date I don't go for it.

--------------------
Semisonic - Closing Time

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Bird Gadget