Saturday 28 April 2012

Where Do I Sign Up

I'm meeting Gstar soon to talk 'flats', he is debating a move out and there is a project management opportunity at work that would take me to December - if it all worked out, that would be an easy fix for a 6month transition.

Other options on the table are to head to a city not too far from here where I used to live and to move in with Balloo for a while.  I could commute for work but I think if I made this move I would scrap sensible for a while (prob till December), jack it all in and live for the weekend/evening.  I know a heap of people in that city that could hook me up with temp jobs, bar work, music industry work and I could be out 7days a week partying if I wanted... Could be just the break I need.

Radiohead has also offered me to relocate.  He owns his own place which has a spare room, I could crash a while and would be in an ideal location to find the kind of job I want.  The rent would be non-plus as the offer seemed to imply fun times and rent-free living.  Basically our relationship has always been either friends who gig and share music or fbs with no embarrassment just pure pleasure.  A girlfriend who knows Radiohead once described him as a guy who 'looks like he would go like a train' and I couldn't argue with that.

It is so tempting to pack up my life as it is now and take a huge liberating leap into the unknown to try and find myself again.  To party hard and work unimportant jobs until December may have the strongest pull, but I'm not sure it would be the smartest move... Saying that, I've done smart for quite a while now:  Staying in one place, respecting my job, working hard in a vocation I knew from the beginning was only going to be a stop-gap, quitting all things 'friends with benefits' related out, getting a long term boyfriend, losing a long term boyfriend, dating because others said it was 'time', screwing up because it clearly wasn't.  No, I think sensible is overrated.

I'll see how I feel next week but right now after a couple of glasses of red... Point me in the direction of fun, sex and mischief and show me where I sign up.


---------------
Def Leppard - Pour Some Sugar On Me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXVgH1w9Quk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Bird Gadget