Monday 9 April 2012

Imaginary Hat (updated)

Imaginary hat off to you blog reader who pointed out that stop backwards isn't post but is in fact pots!  Lmao.

So I'm heading to my mums tomorrow to see her, my brother, sis-in-law and nephews (foster nephew included) and to pick up my car - exciting!  I had planned on staying a week to catch some sunshine as they all have gardens, but as it is forecast to rain/sleet the entire time  I might make it more of a fleeting visit and head back to work earlier than planned.  

This last couple of days I couldn't help but think what if I was OOJ and had read this blog, would I be upset, annoyed, angry...? Then I figured that I've written nothing on here with malice even when it came to Mr X (who has royally screwed me around) so I wasn't going to over think it.  I know he said he wouldn't look again, but I don't think I could close the door to someones inner world once it had been opened so I guess I need to write anything in future knowing that perhaps he isreading.

Anyway...

I met g-star last night as he is looking after the kittys while I am away, we were meant to head for a coffee so I could drop off the keys after work but he convinced me it would be rude not to head to the pub for a proper catchup and a munch.  I'm glad I was pursuaded as we had a giggle and a much needed catchup.  Ironically we are both broke atm due to cars (me buying mine and his having to be taxed, MOT and Insured all in a six week period, so I think the plan is to have a night at mine early next month with drinks, chat and dvds while he gives me a lesson in how to bake the perfect cookie lol.

On other guy news I'm heading out on a date this coming Thursday while I am away.  Its with a guy I've known for years (lets call him Slide - after a song he sang to me once to catch my attention at a house party).  If I'm honest we had a v casual friends with benefits arrangement going on way back when I was travelling about heading to gigs all the time and he was on my hit-list of party people.  He is a musician, and one of the swoony kind... women throw themselves at him when we are out and he is never without a girl on his arm for long and despite this remains utterly independent.  Anyway, he and asked to take me out on a date this coming Friday when he heard I was in town.  Don't get me wrong bloggers I have always known what this guy is about, but I think in his book I was always the one that got away... probably because I was the one that didn't want to tie him down.  Anyway when I heard he was playing a gig on the Thursday I switched plans on him and now I'm going to head to that and get the full Slide experience.  There was always something about seeing him perform that for an instant made me completely lose myself.  


So there you have it, a date on Thursday to see him gig, grab a few drinks, catch up, probably end up at a party back at his (I can't imagine that has changed) and yes... It probably does mean that too ;)

-----------------------
The Script - Science & Faith

3 comments:

  1. Glad you are keeping us all entertained. Looks like you will have a lot to blog about soon. Love the new look, did you take the photo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think someone somewhere is trying to tell you to dust you Mary Poppins converse off and get back in the game. I miss your random adventure blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Making cookies. It sounds a little like a date :p

    ReplyDelete

Twitter Bird Gadget